News & Events
Welcome to Muslim Women's Council of Victoria
- To improve Muslim women's health
- To improve the general community's understanding of Islam
- To give non-Muslims the opportunity to participate in Muslim traditions
- To improve the harmony between Muslims and the wider Australian community
- To meet the challenges faced by Muslim women by:
- Supporting Muslim women in their integration into Australian society
- To enrich the Australian community by:
- Creating more exchange between Muslim and other communities
- Working together with other community groups to create harmony
What to do?
The Muslim Womens Council of Victoria Inc. (previously known as the Islamic Girls & Womens Group Inc.) is a not-for-profit organisation formed to meet the challenges faced by Muslim women living, working and integrating into the broader community in a way that honours their religious and cultural heritage while simultaneously enriching the broader Australian community.